Summer has arrived! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To boost your comfort and really relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a great summer in St. Cloud is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Osceola Air, LLC consistently recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner running over the summer.
- First, another chance to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter routinely! Replace the filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold weather. Turning on your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can severely damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s operations. mow the grass, get rid any debris and eliminate overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you start it this summer. remember to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it open and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These simple steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If it’s time to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Osceola Air, LLC in St. Cloud at 407-477-6319 today.