Maintaining your heat pump
is essential to keeping it operating well and keeping you and your family comfortable during the St. Cloud chill. If you already called Osceola Air, LLC for your annual tune-up, you’re certainly on top of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Chat with us at 407-477-6319 to get one on the calendar.
There are plenty of easy things you can do in between expert servicing to increase the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it running in the best shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t highlight this enough: check your filters frequently and clean or replace them when advised. This is such a straightforward way to enhance the airflow through your heat pump and preserve maximum efficiency.
- Check to see if your coils and fans are clear for ideal airflow. Reduced airflow makes your heat pump work vigorously and can injure your system’s compressor.
- Certify that your supply and return registers are exposed and clear.
- If plants have grown up near your outdoor unit or a mess has gathered, be sure to open the area.
- Test your thermostat often to confirm that it’s working appropriately. Simply turn it on and gradually raise the temperature setting until your heat pump flips on. If it doesn’t turn on, check back to our blog post on heat pump repair or more thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and comfy matters to us. For more ideas on DIY furnace maintenance or to set-up a tune-up with one of our professionals, call Osceola Air, LLC at 407-477-6319 or plan an appointment online. We’re happy to help!