Generally, air ducts need to be cleaned every three to five years according to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association
. Dependent on a lot of factors—like your home’s location, if you have pets, and how frequently your air filter has been replaced, to name a few—you may require air duct cleaning
more or less often. So, how can you know for sure when it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? There are definitely some significant signs when it’s time.
Look for these clues:
- Are your cold air returns covered with dust or pet hair?
- Is there an obstruction within your cold air return vent?
- Are your registers blowing out dust?
- When you gaze inside with a flashlight, can you see a collection of debris or pet fur?
- Have insects or rodents nestled in your ductwork?
- Can you hear clatter other than your blower motor when you listen to the airflow?
- When your vents are fully opened, do any have a smaller amount of airflow than others?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it’s more than likely time to ask Osceola Air, LLC in St. Cloud about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
There are a few things you can do to help keep your ducts cleaner and lengthen the timeline between expert cleanings.
First and foremost, arrange regular HVAC maintenance with the specialists at Osceola Air, LLC. A maintenance check of your furnace each fall and your AC each spring, which should consist of inspection, and prospective replacement, of your air filter, will help keep your HVAC system operating effectively, and should help keep your ducts clean.
You can also chat with the team at Osceola Air, LLC about installing an air purification system. We provide the Lennox PureAir Air Purification System, Healthy Climate Carbon Clean 16 Media Air Cleaner, Healthy Climate 11 Media Air Cleaner, Healthy Climate High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Filtration System and Healthy Climate UV Germicidal Lights.
Other actions you can take include:
- Consistently dusting and vacuuming your home.
- Examining your air filters habitually and changing them when the manufacturer recommends exchanging them. Most filters will display dust on them after a brief stint in service, but they may not require exchanging.
- Sealing drips in air ducts that allow dust to come in from areas like your attic.
- Replacing poor or impaired air-duct insulation.
With an expert air duct cleaning and some preemptive measures, you can help keep the air in your St. Cloud home clean and healthy. Give the experts at Osceola Air, LLC a call at 407-477-6319.