It isn’t far off to say that we’re never far from our smartphones. Whether it is email, searching the latest sports scores or thumbing through Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be utilized for simple conveniences like realizing when you need air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These let you control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and don’t turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and change the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically alter the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or away.
Smart thermostats have been talked about quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to change, they will more than likely become even more common. And why not? They do provide a host of perks and allow you to have the most control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they recognize your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re not so that you can get the greatest savings out there. Smart thermostats make certain that your comfort is always a high priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you enjoy knowing when it’s time to swap your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can count on your system to tell you when there is a problem or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are created for easy integration across a number of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can go with the perfect one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to improve like most pieces of technology, but they already offer a variety of perks that can help increase your comfort, potentially decrease your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to set up air conditioner service. Osceola Air, LLC in St. Cloud has a number of thermostats to pick from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 407-477-6319.