Whether you appreciate winter or favor the warmer months in St. Cloud, many of us make adjustments to make sure our home’s temperature keeps us comfortable. This can have a large impact on your energy bills, but there are steps you can take to help lower those costs.
- Look at the weather stripping – Over time, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to find any drafts that have to be addressed.
- Take advantage of your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be useful in keeping your home warm. Keep them open while the sun is still shining throughout the day, and make sure to close them at the end of the day, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter regularly to see if it must be changed. We advocate at least once every three months, but that period of time can vary from house to house.
- Buy a programmable thermostat – Programmable thermostats may seem like just a handy way to make sure your home stays warm, but programmable thermostats can also help you reduce energy costs! You can set temperatures to be on a lower setting when you are away from the home or sleeping. Being more mindful of efficiency will help with heating costs.
- Add insulation to your attic – Check to see if you have a sufficient amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a great tool to decrease the chances of heat escaping.
- Book routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs to have checkups, too. Hiring experts to clean and maintain your system will verify that your system is operating effectively and efficiently. They can also detect small issues that could end up as more pricey repairs if left unchecked.
- Assess your HVAC system – If it seems like your monthly heating costs are continually increasing—regardless your efforts to enhance efficiency—it might be time to purchase a replacement heating system. An expert at Osceola Air, LLC can help you analyze the performance of your HVAC system and walk through the choices for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps lower the amount of money you are having to spend on heating bills, but many of them can help your heating system run more efficiently. More efficient energy use also maintains the health of your equipment, which means your system will last longer.
If you would like routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide additional information on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Osceola Air, LLC in St. Cloud a call to get started. Contact our team at 407-477-6319 or arrange an appointment with us online.