Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in St. Cloud during the winter time, when they’re required to keep you warm. While you know the team at Osceola Air, LLC will constantly be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is important and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to test if it turns on.
- If everything looks correct, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Osceola Air, LLC at 407-477-6319 and we’ll restore your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.